Bearville City
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] Easterwavinggif4

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bearville City
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] Easterwavinggif4
Bearville City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Hey it's frickin 2019
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 1:48 am by Olive

» THIS SITE WAS TOXIC ***CHANGE MY MIND****
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 1:44 am by Olive

» Post before Abby posts (:
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 am by goCards

» MEANEST MEMBER OF BEARVILLE CITY CHECKKKK
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 3:16 am by Hazza

» BC's Official Counting Post! *win tickets*
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 1:35 pm by goCards

» BEARVILLE CITY RULES | Please read and agree before posting! | AS OF 3/9/14
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 4:09 am by CaliLove

» CaliLove's Admin Application! (hope I get chosen!)
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 am by CaliLove

» RED AND WATER ARE NOT ACTUALLY SISTERS (a thread)
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 3:46 am by CaliLove

» rate the siggie above you!
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:44 pm by Hazza

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 201 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:59 pm
Bearville
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] Bab_im10
BC Gazette
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] 73
Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Timezones
Pacific Time Eastern Standard Time Mountain Time Central Time Zone South Africa United Kingdom Atlantic Time
{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] Flags_1
Copyscape
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Protection Tool

{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends]

+4
βℯℯ♡
Claudie♥
MickeyTimi♥
jayberry♡
8 posters

Go down

{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] Empty {Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends]

Post by jayberry♡ Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:02 pm

{What To Do When You're Getting Bullied}
 First off, I am so sorry to anyone who has gotten bullied before. I've been there and it really does hurt. But with help and support I got through it, and now, I feel like the happiest person in the universe. c;
I was really glad that someone brought this up, because I participate in a group called PAWS: Promoting Awareness Within our School. We basically talk about leadership and stop bullying.
If you are getting bullied, first thing is to think. Think about why you're getting bullied. I know this is hard process, but it will help. Think about if you have ever done something wrong, regretful, or something that would've hurt anyone. If you do realize that you've done something wrong as well, apologize. That simple thing could solve your problem. Now, just because you messed up, doesn't mean that the bullying situation is your fault. If you can't think of anything, then just move on to the next step. 
Try to handle the problem yourself (in a good way). If things are very difficult (you're feeling threatened, scared, or any bad feelings) ask for a hand. Sometimes, you have to ignore the bully. Try to avoid them as much as possible. If the bully approaches you, walk away. Go the other way. If they are verbally bullying you.. block out their words. Make sure you stay positive throughout this whole thing. Don't have very dark and negative thoughts. Surround yourself with people who care about you. Nothing is better than having people all around you that love you very much. Be confident. Bullies want power, so show them power. Here are some ways: Tell the bully to please leave you alone. Kill them with kindness to throw them off. Use humor that isn't rude or mean though. Use positive self talk to feel good about yourself. 
Forget about people calling you a "tattle-tell".(I hope this world has gained at leafs some maturity). You need to be happy and feel safe. So, tell a trusted adult that cares about you. Tell them the situation and they will work it out for you. If the bully or their friends get "mad" at you, tell another adult or just use the same tips above. An important thing is to not become a bully yourself. Don't one up the bully. Always be kind throughout the whole thing.
A very easier thing to remember these tips is an analogy I learned from PAWS: HAHASO (lol).
Help. Seek assistance from an adult, friend, or peer when a potentially threatening situation arises. Seek help also if other strategies aren't working.
Assert Yourself. Make assertive statements to the bully addressing your feelings about the bully's behavior.
Humor. Use humor to escalate the situation.
Avoid. Walk away or avoid certain places in order to avoid a bullying situation.
Self Talk. Use positive words about yourself to keep a good self-esteem.
Own it. "Own" the put-down or belittling comment in order to defuse it. 
I hope this article was helpful to you guys, and i hope that bullying does stop. <3
--

Timi Open <3:

{Friends Situation}
Dear Holly,
Friends can be the best thing ever, but sometimes it can be a real pain at some point. Anyways, your two friends, if they really cared about you and are your true friends, then they wouldn't care with who you are friends with. Make sure you are hanging out with the right friends, don't go and do the wrong things. I personally think that you should get your friends together and talk it out. Let one talk, then the other, then the other, etc. Make sure to release all of your feelings. Cry, laugh, do whatever, but make sure you guys work it out. If they are still not getting along. Find new friends who are real friends who support you no matter what. If these friends are really important to you, tell them that. Try to find things that you all have in common and build on that. If you have more details please tell me. This was kinda hard to write, since I'm at the point where there's not a lot of friendship problems, aha. I hope your problem gets worked out with my help. <3
~Jay
--
Disclaimer:
I am not an expert, psychologist, therapist, or anything like that. Therefore don't take my advice for granted. But I am human-being. I have experienced lots of things throughout my life. I am here to help. Help is all I'm trying to do. I'm here to help. c:
I hope you guys enjoyed this and I will add a new segment onto the same post once I have finished it. c: Any suggestions, comments, or ideas.. please post them down below! Thanks. This is Jay, and I hope you have a fantastic day!

Last edited by Jay on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
jayberry♡
jayberry♡
Reporter
Reporter

Warning : {Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] LQ2kVXL
Tickets : 949

Back to top Go down

{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] Empty Re: {Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends]

Post by MickeyTimi♥ Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 pm

Oh My Gosh Jay! (OMGJ lol) i really like this!
thank yhuu sooo much <33
MickeyTimi♥
MickeyTimi♥
Grand Bear
Grand Bear

Tickets : 1575

Back to top Go down

{Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] Empty Re: {Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends]

Post by Claudie♥ Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:35 pm

this is really thoughtful, thanks for posting (:
Claudie♥
Claudie♥
EventPlannerC
EventPlannerC

Tickets : 3088

Back to top Go down

Post by βℯℯ♡ Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Thank you for all the tips! There's this one girl at school who's spreading rumors about me and it's really bothering me :/ This really helped thank you so much (:
βℯℯ♡
βℯℯ♡
Royal Bear
Royal Bear

Tickets : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Colleen Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:06 am

This is so sweet and thoughtful Jay! Thanks for sharing your heart with us

Colleen
Grand Bear
Grand Bear

Warning : {Jay's Advice Column} Article #1 [bullying/friends] FfpdVzJ
Tickets : 1581

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:11 am

Jay this is amazing <3 Thanks for posting because it helped me a lot (:
Holly
Holly
Royal Bear
Royal Bear

Tickets : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by •Ch∞chi• Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:21 am

25  Just that good..I almost cried
•Ch∞chi•
•Ch∞chi•
Grand Bear
Grand Bear

Tickets : 1088

Back to top Go down

Post by jayberry♡ Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:18 am

aw. thank you.. glad I helped c:
jayberry♡
jayberry♡
Reporter
Reporter

Tickets : 949

Back to top Go down

Post by fayegranny✮ Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:21 pm

jaybby, i love this a lot <33
I love reading these sorts of advice columns; although I'm at the age where friendship issues like these are not so common, I can still relate and apply these to my own situation  7
fayegranny✮
fayegranny✮
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator

Tickets : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down