Bearville City
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 Easterwavinggif4

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bearville City
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 Easterwavinggif4
Bearville City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Hey it's frickin 2019
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 1:48 am by Olive

» THIS SITE WAS TOXIC ***CHANGE MY MIND****
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 1:44 am by Olive

» Post before Abby posts (:
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 am by goCards

» MEANEST MEMBER OF BEARVILLE CITY CHECKKKK
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 3:16 am by Hazza

» BC's Official Counting Post! *win tickets*
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 1:35 pm by goCards

» BEARVILLE CITY RULES | Please read and agree before posting! | AS OF 3/9/14
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 4:09 am by CaliLove

» CaliLove's Admin Application! (hope I get chosen!)
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 am by CaliLove

» RED AND WATER ARE NOT ACTUALLY SISTERS (a thread)
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 3:46 am by CaliLove

» rate the siggie above you!
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:44 pm by Hazza

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 201 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:59 pm
Bearville
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 Bab_im10
BC Gazette
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 73
Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Timezones
Pacific Time Eastern Standard Time Mountain Time Central Time Zone South Africa United Kingdom Atlantic Time
 - A Story By laurenadorable3421 Flags_1
Copyscape
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Protection Tool

- A Story By laurenadorable3421

5 posters

Go down

- A Story By laurenadorable3421 Empty - A Story By laurenadorable3421

Post by laurenadorable3421 Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:13 am

Chapter 1
*Note* This story is based in Tudor times, in Elizabethan London to be exact. It is a work of historical fiction, however, some characters were real, such as Queen Elizabeth and Mrs Champernowne for example. I have used the proper words for most of the clothing. Also there is a picture at the bottom- the words in the corner is just the website I created it on. Enjoy!

Mrs Champernowne fusses over my hair, combing her fingers through my tangled red tresses, hastily tying a red ribbon. I see some of the Ladies in Waiting and Maids of Honour around me, fussing over the tiniest spot on their face or the tight strings of their corsets. Often I see some of them tut at my porcelain skin in jealously. Apparently they make my flame hair and deep brown eyes really 'stand out'. But how would I know. As I am only eleven years old, I am the youngest at Court. I think the next eldest is Lady Charlotte, who is fourteen. My chemise has a speck of dirt on it from riding- I carefully place my hand over it so Mrs Champernowne does not see it. I feel like a doll in beautiful clothes. My light red gown is very conservative though, despite it's beauty. My bodice is clamped high over my chest and my kirtle is long- at least with no hoop. At least I'm not wearing a big white starchy ruff. But still, even my shoes have the smallest heel possible. But the one thing I am sure glad of is that I still have a few years until a corset becomes a part of my wardrobe.
"Alice! Stop staring off! Her Majesty shall begin the procession soon, and it would not do for you to ruin it by being off daydreaming!" I sigh.
"Yes, Mrs Champernowne." Suddenly I feel very plain. The only jewellery I have is a gold cross. I see the other Ladies, and they have jewels and pearls. I have never felt self conscious before- but I do now. I do not want to feel plain. I hear the rustle of skirts, meaning that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth has arrived. We all curtsy, and I see her radiant face before she turns and I scramble up, almost tripping over Lady Dorothy's beautiful fur edging on her skirt.
"Look out, Alice!" she scowls. I say sorry meekly. The doors open to the Grand Hall, and I ready my concentration so I do not trip over any more edging. As the doors fully open and I take my first step forwards, Lady Jane stops right in front of me. I crash into her. She turns at me and widens her eyes in frustration, before she and I both realise why the ladies in the Grand Hall already are shrieking about. A loud voice- a man's voice, is yelling.
"Poison! Poison!"

- A Story By laurenadorable3421 Screen10

Last edited by laurenadorable3421 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
laurenadorable3421
laurenadorable3421
Baby Bear
Baby Bear

Warning :  - A Story By laurenadorable3421 LQ2kVXL
Tickets : 40

Back to top Go down

- A Story By laurenadorable3421 Empty Re: - A Story By laurenadorable3421

Post by Cαтту☼ Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 pm

omg continue this!! 24
Cαтту☼
Cαтту☼
Grand Bear
Grand Bear

Tickets : 959

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:47 pm

It's really good so far, more!
Hazza
Hazza

Tickets : 11407

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenadorable3421 Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:21 am

Chapter 2
*Note* Queen Elizabeth I never married nor had children. For the purpose of this story, she did.

Lady Jane and Lady Dorothy squeal loudly. I can see why. In the middle of the ballroom lies a man. His skin is as white as the snow that falls in Winter, and a tiny trickle of blood flows slowly from the corner of his mouth, pooling on the marble floor like thin paint. The remains of a shattered goblet are scattered all over the floor, and I take a few step back unconsciously even though I am quite far away. The Gentleman's Guard is firmly ordering all the Ladies and Maids back to their rooms- but I can see the flame hair of Her Majesty between the throng of petticoats and swish of skirts. I feel the desperate need to stay and find out who it is that lies there, but I can feel Mrs Champernowne's hawk-like eyes watching us all as we scurry out of the Grand Hall. I turn around to catch a final glimpse, but I can not see past the embroidered bodices. I sigh and make my way through the halls to the room I share with Lady Priscilla Haighten and Lady Mary Bethten. It is a comfortable room- although I have a particular hate for the draperies. Priscilla sits on the bed, while Mary sits at the dressing table, unclasping her pearls as if the party had gone wonderfully.
"Well, what about that Mary!" Priscilla gasps. "Poor man! I do wish they would put our minds at ease and tell us who it was, the poor fellow..." Priscilla is quite a gossip- and believe me, however tragic, these sort of things are her bread and butter, so to say. I am about to slip out of my kirtle and into my nightdress when I hear a knock at the door.
"Can you get that, Alice? Probably just old Mrs Champernowne." Mary sighs, plaiting her hair for bed. I open the door carefully, and see Sir James, a Gentleman Guard, standing there in his handsome doublet. Mary gasps, Priscilla giggles and I raise my eyebrows.
"My good Ladies, I am ever so apologetic to... ah... interrupt you at such a late hour, but I have some news to put your mind at rest." Priscilla stands up, but Mary shrinks into a corner. I don't blame her- with all that paint she caked onto her face earlier half washed off, she looks horrible.
"The man who was unfortunate enough to consume the poison this evening was none other than Prince Thomas, Her Majesty's son." I gasp. Although Thomas was much, much older than me, we had a wonderful friendship. Tears threaten to spill at the corner of my eyes, and Priscilla murmurs
"Oh, how awful!" I even see Mary's eyes widen in the corner.
"As you can tell, Her Majesty is very grievous and has requested no Ladies attend to her in the morn. I wish you all a good night, sleep well m'ladies." I shut the door and fall straight onto my bed. Poison the Prince. The next in line. Who would do such a thing?

- A Story By laurenadorable3421 Screen12

Hope you like  6

Last edited by laurenadorable3421 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total
laurenadorable3421
laurenadorable3421
Baby Bear
Baby Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Cαтту☼ Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:31 pm

wonderful!!! 25
moreeeeeee 12
Cαтту☼
Cαтту☼
Grand Bear
Grand Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by halsmermaid♔ Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:23 pm

really good so far :3
halsmermaid♔
halsmermaid♔
Admin
Admin

Tickets : 3730

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Awesome next chapter!
Hazza
Hazza

Tickets : 11407

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenadorable3421 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:24 am

Chapter 3
Mary looked at me as I sat on the bed, lost in my thoughts. She strutted over to me (I do not believe there could be any other word used to describe the way that Mary came over to me). It reminded me of a hunched over vulture, moving slowly over to it's prey. Mary looked at me down her turned up nose disapprovingly. She reminded me so much like a farm yard pig I had to suppress my laughter.
"If you ever," she snarled "Open the door again to a Gentleman Guard while I am in a state like this, so help me, I will be extremely angry." Mary and Priscilla (though more Mary) are extremely concerned with the handsome men of the Gentlemen Guard- but not I. I am only eleven, after all- Mary is nineteen and Priscilla is seventeen. Mary skulks back to the dressing table, while Priscilla sneaks me a smile and a wink. I know she is always on my side. She yawns, and soon they are both in bed, drifting off to sleep. But I simply cannot! My mind races with the poisoning, and my sense of curiosity is overwhelming. I just have to see the Grand Hall! I look precariously over at Priscilla and Mary. Priscilla is quietly whispering in her dreams, and Mary looks like a sleeping cow- with her face pressed into her pillow. I suddenly get up from the bed, and replace my beautiful red gown with a dark kirtle. I even replace my red ribbon with a black one, to go with my kirtle. It is very warm- with brown fur trim on the neckline and hem- and with long sleeves. I consider dressing as a maid- but they would not let a lowly maid into the Grand Hall until at least morning. I am grateful for the warmth of my kirtle as I step into the freezing hallways- but wish that I had worn thick wool stockings. The floors radiate cold, pushing it's cold fingers through my little slippers and encasing my feet. I shiver as I tiptoe from my room, through the halls and finally, to the Grand Hall doors, where the other Ladies and I had gathered not that long ago. I stared at the ornate doors that match the walls, and slowly pull one open...

- A Story By laurenadorable3421 Screen13
laurenadorable3421
laurenadorable3421
Baby Bear
Baby Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Cαтту☼ Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Awesome"! I really love this story 12
Cαтту☼
Cαтту☼
Grand Bear
Grand Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by onedirectionislife Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:32 pm

I love it Smile more!
onedirectionislife
onedirectionislife
Grand Bear
Grand Bear

Tickets : 4116

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenadorable3421 Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Chapter 4

The giant room is quiet as death, and I am afraid that when I close the door it shall slam and echo through the whole castle. My fear does not become a reality, though. As my eyes adjust to the darkness, I see a certain area of the floor splattered with blood- Prince Thomas' blood. I shiver uncontrollably. A murder was committed in this very room. I step daintily and carefully over to red splatters, inhaling the sharp scent of blood- a rusty, metallic smell. I wonder what I am doing here, creeping around a crime scene. Then I spy the goblet. Although most of the glass has been shattered, I can see that with a little work, I could piece it together. I rustle around in my pockets for gloves- I do not want to touch the goblet. After finding a soft worn brown pair, I precariously pick up the shattered goblet pieces. A drop of mead spills onto my gloves, and I flinch, realising that I have poison on my gloves. I drop a piece of the goblet, and it gains small cracks in the glass. I gasp as the echo bounces around the room- what if someone heard? I quickly but gently place the cracked goblet into my pockets, and soon they are bulging. I hastily wipe my gloves on my dress, and realise that the mead has left a white stain on my brown gloves. It is small- but noticeable. I make a mental notice to drop them into the Laundries. As I finally am reassured nobody heard the goblet drop, the doors slam open. I shriek softly and run quickly, my kirtle swishing around my ankles, to the corner of the room. It is two Gentlemen Guard- and they have swords in their hands.
"Who goes there! Show yourself, coward!" They say loudly. I shrink back into my corner further, my heart beating in my chest. The punishments could be great if the Guards find me at the scene of a murder...

- A Story By laurenadorable3421 Screen14
laurenadorable3421
laurenadorable3421
Baby Bear
Baby Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down